Process EngineerBaton Rouge, LA
Responsible for performing all aspects of process design and development for various industries within the refining and specialty chemicals sectors.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Petroleum, or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 3 years' applicable experience
• Familiarity with the Process simulation software (Aspen Suite) and hydraulic modeling software (AFTFathom), as well as proficiency with basic programs such as Microsoft Excel
• Job scoping as part of Front-End Process Development
• P&ID Generation and Revision
• Modeling and simulation of standard unit operations
• Calculation of line hydraulics to support equipment specification
• Generation and review of equipment spec sheets
• Relief valve screening and generation of calculation packages
• Familiarity with interpretation of RAGAGEP standards and procedures
• Quality assurance and checking of calculations made by other process team members
• Verification of Process Safety Information (P&IDs, Equipment and Instrument Data, etc.)
• Assistance with review of prior engineering calculations
• Contacting of vendors for quotes or equipment information
• Ability to function in both supporting and lead process design roles as dictated by project needs
• Travel as needed for field work, project meetings, or training
Mechanical Engineer (OnSite)Gramercy, LA
Responsible for performing engineering calculations and applying judgement to develop and resolve unique design situations. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Mechanical Engineering; 3-5 years minimum experience; Project Management experience; Construction Management experience is a plus.
• Ensure quality construction packages by performing calculations and drawing reviews to ensure the construction package meets all applicable design codes and requirements, while meeting client standards.
• Oversee and be the responsible party, if licensed, for the completed construction package.
• Perform Project Engineer and/or lead Mechanical Engineer project duties. If unlicensed, will be under the responsible charge of the Professional Engineer (PE) assigned to the project.
• Perform technical engineering calculations:
• Compile and review equipment specifications, compile bid tabulations, and recommend equipment selections to clients.
• Compile Total Installed Cost (TIC) project estimates.
• Contact equipment vendors to obtain pricing for project specific equipment.
• Evaluate and compile bid tabulations to present and recommend to clients.
• Act as the Project Engineer and/or Lead Mechanical under the responsible charge of the Professional Engineer (PE) assigned to the project.
• Have ability to perform field work as dictated by the project.
• Work with engineers and designers of all disciplines to accomplish project goals.
Turnaround Planner (OnSite)Geismar, LA
One year minimum assignment in Geismar, LA.
• 5 years' experience in maintenance/ turnaround, preferably with experience in industrial outages, exchangers, vessels, towers, pumps, hydrotesting and pipe fabrication
• 3-5 years of planning and cost estimating
• Understanding of Pressure Equipment and Internals. Ability to ready equipment drawings and create a clear concise plan. Able to identify Equipment & Piping materials/material take offs. Demister Pads, Tower Trays, Clips, Bubble Caps, Pall Rings, Etc.
• Understanding of U1 Reports, ITP's (Inspection Test Plans from QC) and knowledge of different inspections ie. UTT, PAUT, EC, Etc.
• Experience with piping design and understanding of ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.1 a plus
• Experience with P&ID, ISO's and piping specs,
• Develop and compile Job Packages for field execution team, containing drawings, work scope, safety plans, etc.
• Review fabrication isometric drawings to be issued for construction.
• Review data packages prior to sending out quotes to vendors to assure client specifications, correct materials, compliance and testing are met on fixed equipment, piping, valves, etc.
• Strong computer skills, particularly MS Suite; Excel and Maximo are a plus.
Project Controls (OnSite) Greater Baton Rouge Area
• Examine project scope requirements to develop accurate cost estimates for relevant engineering disciplines and management services.
• Manage cost for multiple projects at a time for a given client, along with tracking proposals issued for award.
• Prepare weekly cost analysis report outlining current status of each project with forecasting data to assist management with strategic decisions.
• Prepare detailed project progress reports and translate data into supporting performance curves that display financial data, engineering index analysis and required manpower to meet goals.
• Monitor project work hours internally to ensure that all hours are charged to appropriate costing areas within each project.
• Work in parallel with the engineering disciplines to develop deliverables for each project and input information into the system, allowing for proper data management.
• Participate in regular conference calls with clients to advise project updates.
• Use Primavera P6 software to provide schedule updates for both internal and external use, and apply critical path practices to outline key success factors.
• Participate in Interactive Planning Sessions to develop project strategy with the various engineering disciplines internally and externally with key client personnel.
• Manage scope changes the engineering disciplines by preparing and maintaining project change notifications that outline commercial and schedule impacts.
• Work directly with client Cost Engineers to prepare cash flow updates that cover the entire total installed cost of a project.
• Entry level position
• Preferred: CM or Industrial Technologies graduate
• Must be Proficient in Excel