Process EngineerBaton Rouge, LA
Responsible for performing all aspects of process design and development for various industries within the refining and specialty chemicals sectors.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Petroleum, or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 3 years' applicable experience
• Familiarity with the Process simulation software (Aspen Suite) and hydraulic modeling software (AFTFathom), as well as proficiency with basic programs such as Microsoft Excel
• Job scoping as part of Front-End Process Development
• P&ID Generation and Revision
• Modeling and simulation of standard unit operations
• Calculation of line hydraulics to support equipment specification
• Generation and review of equipment spec sheets
• Relief valve screening and generation of calculation packages
• Familiarity with interpretation of RAGAGEP standards and procedures
• Quality assurance and checking of calculations made by other process team members
• Verification of Process Safety Information (P&IDs, Equipment and Instrument Data, etc.)
• Assistance with review of prior engineering calculations
• Contacting of vendors for quotes or equipment information
• Ability to function in both supporting and lead process design roles as dictated by project needs
• Travel as needed for field work, project meetings, or training
Project Manager (OnSite)Geismar, LA
• Attend bid walks and lead the preparation of proposals. Prepare scopes of work and clarifications for projects.
• Maintain project budget and track changes. Issue internal budget status reports to key design team members to enable budget control.
• Organize and lead project meetings including scheduling conference room resources. Prepare project memorandums of discussion and action logs.
• Maintain project schedule and establish milestones and deadlines for projects.
• Manage sub contractors.
• Review drawing packages for quality, completeness, and inter-discipline coordination.
• Coordinate the efforts of the different groups to facilitate inter-discipline communication and teamwork.
• Track changes, estimate, and send change requests to client to obtain approval for additional work.
• Review and sign project invoices. Work with accounting to ensure that any project invoicing issues requiring client project manager interface are resolved.
• Attend weekly project managers meetings to provide input to department managers on resource allocation, project schedule, and project budgets.
• Prepare status reports for client's project manager. (format will vary depending on client requirements)
• Identify and communicate personnel issues which affect project performance to project team member's supervisors when necessary.
• Supervise and ensure that client standards are being followed on all engineering projects.
Mechanical Engineer (OnSite)Gramercy, LA
Responsible for performing engineering calculations and applying judgement to develop and resolve unique design situations. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Mechanical Engineering; 3-5 years minimum experience; Project Management experience; Construction Management experience is a plus.
• Ensure quality construction packages by performing calculations and drawing reviews to ensure the construction package meets all applicable design codes and requirements, while meeting client standards.
• Oversee and be the responsible party, if licensed, for the completed construction package.
• Perform Project Engineer and/or lead Mechanical Engineer project duties. If unlicensed, will be under the responsible charge of the Professional Engineer (PE) assigned to the project.
• Perform technical engineering calculations:
• Compile and review equipment specifications, compile bid tabulations, and recommend equipment selections to clients.
• Compile Total Installed Cost (TIC) project estimates.
• Contact equipment vendors to obtain pricing for project specific equipment.
• Evaluate and compile bid tabulations to present and recommend to clients.
• Act as the Project Engineer and/or Lead Mechanical under the responsible charge of the Professional Engineer (PE) assigned to the project.
• Have ability to perform field work as dictated by the project.
• Work with engineers and designers of all disciplines to accomplish project goals.