Cost EngineerBaton Rouge
Providing cost engineering services for project managed within Engineering Department ranging from $20MM to $200MM and provide input and analysis to project management to facilitate timely decision making.
• Invoicing and insuring cost associated with projects to the current cost centers/invoice reconciliation
• Prepare Inspection job plans with estimates for time to complete, cost of job, materials needed, & all task that need completion
• Provides project management team with forward looking information identifying expected project performance
• Coordinate with unit inspectors and work coordinators for completeness of job plans
• Work with project team to establish planned cash flow of project expenditures
• Develop realistic forecasts of overall project costs and schedule with the project team
• Calculate monthly accruals, include in forecasts and communicate to accounting
• Create Primavera/Microsoft Project plans of all circuit inspections with times allotted for each required step in the inspection program
• Facilitate the project outside closeout process
• Conduct weekly schedule meetings to ensure that all resources are properly scheduled and all work is executed on time
• Track all cost associated with work and report to management team
• Attend daily turnaround meeting to update Turnaround group of all progress associated with Circuit inspections.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, finance, accounting or related field
• 2-5 years’ experience in current job or in cost controls
• Willing to work in-plant and in office
• Effective team worker and forward thinking for timely decisions
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office, (excel, Access, Word and SAP)
• Familiar with EcoSys, Primavera or Icarus a plus (but not required)
Project ManagerBaton Rouge
This position leads engineering and procurement (EP) projects and coordinate the efforts of all the discipline design groups including proposals, bid walks, scheduling, client interface, meetings, cost reports, drawing issue, filing, job closure, invoice review, and correspondence.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in engineering, or other related field; or a level of education that, together with experience and training, enables the applicant to meet the minimum qualifications.
• Professional Engineer license(s) in jurisdiction(s) in which perform engineering work (preferred but not required).
• Five or more years of experience in the design and delivery of engineering service, processes and projects within the petrochemical industry.
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment in matters of significance to work, and have the ability to make decisions as they relate to projects.
• Attend bid walks and lead the preparation of proposals. Prepare scopes of work and clarifications for projects.
• Prepare Project Initiation Forms
• Maintain project budget and track changes. Issue internal budget status reports to key design team members to enable budget control.
• Organize and lead project meetings including scheduling conference room resources. Prepare project memorandums of discussion and action logs.
• Maintain project schedule and establish milestones and deadlines for projects.
• Manage sub contractors.
• Review drawing packages for quality, completeness, and inter-discipline coordination.
• Coordinate the efforts of the different groups to facilitate inter-discipline communication and teamwork.
• Track changes, estimate, and send change requests to client to obtain approval for additional work.
• Review and sign project invoices. Work with accounting to ensure that any project invoicing issues requiring client project manager interface are resolved.
• Attend weekly project managers meetings to provide input to department managers on resource allocation, project schedule, and project budgets.
• Direct the document control group regarding drawing package issues, filing, and correspondence.
• Prepare status reports for client’s project manager. (format will vary depending on client requirements)
• Identify and communicate personnel issues which affect project performance to project team member’s supervisors when necessary.
• Supervise and ensure that client standards are being followed on all engineering projects.
• Make recommendations to the Director of Projects or CEO on changes in procedures which may be necessary to implement to improve the performance of the project team.
Business Development/Client Relations
• Perform business development efforts including scheduling and attending golf tournaments, client lunches, client outings, client functions, professional organization functions, fishing, etc
• Attend development and networking opportunities.
• Assist in placing contract personnel at client sites.
• Coordinate the development of Total Installed Cost (TIC) Estimates
• Manage Larger “Multi-Discipline” Engineering Projects. (Usually an individual with 10 years plus experience)
• Assist the project effort in a technical role in their engineering discipline by performing design engineering tasks.
• Manage construction work/design build work.
• Assist in maintaining the company's library of engineering standards, develop or integrate new standards when necessary.
• Promote the safety objective of reducing the number of injuries and illnesses to an absolute minimum
• Lead in safety excellence by example
• Participate in the biweekly safety topics